by Tonja Rogers-Williams
Google Wave is a new communication tool on the web designed by the same team that created Google Maps. The design is not complete at this time and Google is asking for ideas and application development to make the tool better. It is set to launch in 2010, but the exact date is not published.
Google Wave is a combination of email, instant messaging, wikis, web chat, social networking and project management for communication and collaboration. A Wave is equal parts Document and Conversation, Live, and Shared. Here are some of the product features.
- Real time – you can see the message, character by character.
- Embedability – can be embedded into websites or blogs.
- Application and Extensions – real time gaming as one example.
- Wiki functionality – group editing.
- Open source – foster innovation and competition.
- Play back, auto spell check, drag and drop file sharing.
For more information, visit: http://wave.google.com/